You have secure data. How secure is it?
Your workday may be done. However, thousands of people can access your secure data all night long. Outsiders and insiders both are a risk. Some of history’s worst attacks were conducted by insiders. To maintain access control and secure your data, you have to be proactive.
Data loss is expensive.
Experts estimate computer crime costs the global economy more than $500 Billion a year. This siphons almost 1% of the entire Earth’s GDP down the drain. A single breach can devastate your reputation. Target took a big hit a few years back. Target absorbed $145 Million in direct costs during its own breach. They also saw profits fall 46% as customers fled. Customers assumed Target was keeping their data secure.
When you consider the costs of failure, an investment in protection is well worth it. Flexible, comprehensive online security starts with a complete network audit. Hire an outside firm you can trust who will look at your cybersecurity with a fresh eye.
Business owners share these worries:
- Lack of visibility and control over data resources and who has access to them.
- Low headcount leading to a dearth of effective assets and training for IT security.
- Complex PCI, HIPAA, and other compliance rules that lead to liabilities.
- Unclear audit trails leaving sensitive financial transactions open to attack.
If these concerns sound familiar, you need a comprehensive data security audit.
The danger within: Three ways Cameron Park Computer’s audits help.
We’ve been in this profession for 25 years. Here’s how we help you secure your data.
- Better Access Control and Data Governance. Access control is the key to ensuring data resources remain safe. Most enterprises provide “standard users” with far more authority than they need on the network. As with many crimes, insider attacks are prompted by opportunity – partitioning and protecting data helps eliminate temptation and narrows down the suspects in case an attack happens.
- Control of Your Virtualized and Distributed Resources. The embrace of Cloud Computing has made it easier than ever to harness the power of excellent enterprise technology. Unfortunately, it creates huge access control challenges: Stakeholders can enter your network from anywhere in the world, using devices that may not meet minimum security standards. An audit brings you a step closer to a secure Cloud experience, no matter the access conditions.
- Training and Awareness to Augment Your Security Strategy. Many insider attacks start with a simple oversight by an employee working on your network. This mistake becomes a vulnerability that allows others to hijack access credentials and operate with impunity. We help you understand your role in security. This helps you deal with issues when they arise and secure your data.
Security is not a luxury. It is a necessity. To learn more about insider threats, download the Gartner Report.